General info TransAlp Rando
BRI/ACP BREVET. To obtain the BRM/ACP brevet, it is necessary to complete the randonnée in 40 hours. This brevet is valid for the PBP qualification.
ITALIAN CHAMPIONSHIP. The randonnée is also part of the ARI Italian Road Championship.
GIRORANDO. The randonnée is included in the Girorando Circuit in the North East.
It is only permitted to deviate from the planned route for short stretches and for valid reasons. It is also permitted to deviate from the route in the case of needing supplies or to reach one’s own overnight accommodation, as long as you then return to pick up the trail from where you left off. As with any randonnée, during the course of the event you must consider yourself to be on a personal excursion and you must carry out the route in total autonomy, following the rules of the Italian highway code. The route is not signposted.
Registration implies the knowledge and unconditional acceptance of the Italian Cycling Federation’s Implementing Rules concerning Randonnées, the ARI – Audax Randonneur Italia Rules for the type of brevet, as well as the obligation to read and have well understood and accepted the TransAlp Rando RULES, which define: the way the event is run, the difficulty of the route, the characteristics the bike must have, the obligatory equipment, the cyclist’s responsibilities, the obligation to consent to the right to images. The document is available at the bottom of this page and can be downloaded in pdf format.
START AND FINISH
WHEN: 27 and 28 May 2023.
DEPARTURE: from Verona, Villa Guerrina, by French mode from 5:00 to 6:00 a.m. *.
ARRIVAL: in Verona, Villa Guerrina, Via Guerrina, 99 – 37141 locality Montorio.
* The Organization, also in relation to the number of participants, reserves the right to provide staggered and spaced departures for small groups so as not to create gatherings. The specific modalities of the departure will be communicated ten days before the event on the basis of the regulations in force regarding the fight against the spread of Covid 19 as well as the specific provisions regarding the holding of sporting events.
ROUTE – HOURLY AVERAGE SPEED AND MAXIMUM TIME
ROUTE TYPE: 600 km Randonnée.
ROUTE INFO: Length 600 km – altitude difference m 4,500 D+.
SCHEDULED HOURLY AVERAGE SPEED: Maximum hourly average speed km 28/h – minimum km 15/h.
ARRIVAL TIME: minimum time allowed 22 hours; maximum time 40 hours.
Accoglienza e consegna materiali
To participate in TransAlp Rando, it is mandatory to report to the reception tables at Villa Guerrina, the event’s logistical headquarters, for accreditation operations, preliminary to departure. It is mandatory to hand in the required documentation, pick up travel materials and bring bicycle and mandatory personal equipment for verification.
WHEN: Friday 26 May 2023 from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday 27 May from 4:30 to 5:00.
WHERE: in Verona, Villa Guerrina, Via Guerrina, 99 – 37141 locality Montorio.
WHAT YOU MUST HAND OVER
WHAT YOU RECEIVE
The 2023 event is the first official edition of TransAlp Rando. Following this, the event will be repeated every four years, the next edition being in 2027.
The randonnée is organised by Sport Verona, Associazione Sportiva Dilettantistica, and is included in the ARI – Audax Randonneur Italia – calendar.
If the trial is completed in 40 hours, one obtains the BRM/ACP brevet. If the maximum time is exceeded, one cannot be included in the list of finishers.
The randonnée is part of the Italian Road Championships, and the Girorando Circuit in the North East.
MODALITIES OF PARTICIPATION
Each participant during the course of the event must consider him/herself to be on a personal excursion and must complete the route in total autonomy, following the rules of the Italian Highway Code.
The route is not signposted.
DOCUMENTS AND DECLARATION
Sport Verona 2022 INSURANCE POLICIES
For those without their own liability insurance, we propose, as a quick and inexpensive solution, joining Sport Verona ASD to take advantage of liability and accident insurance as an associate. You can join while filling out the randonnée registration. The membership card in pdf format, will be emailed as soon as possible. The sports association membership is valid until January 1 to December 31, 2023.
As soon as we have the 2023 conditions available we will update the policy below attached in pdf version.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATION
- To be at least 18 years old on the start date of the event. There is no age limit but, for cyclists over 75, a medical certificate valid for six months is required.
- It is not necessary to be a member of a sports club.
- It is recommended to have already participated in long-distance randonnées.
- To be well trained and in good health.
- To be in possession of a medical certificate of suitability for competitive cycling, as prescribed by the Ministerial Decree of 18/02/1982, or be in possession of a medical certificate of suitability for non-competitive, but highly cardiovascular sports, as prescribed by the Ministerial Decree of 26/04/2013. The certificate must be registered with the DataHealth system by 15 May. Non-Italian cyclists must use this form, approved by DataHealth, for the medical certificate.
- Be in possession of adequate personal liability insurance. Registered cyclists normally already have this insurance cover. For those without insurance, we propose membership of Sport Verona ASD so that they can take advantage of the liability and accident insurance of our members. Extract and complete policy are downloadable as pdf on this page. Membership can be obtained at the same time as registration for the randonnée.